African Penguin Awareness Day 7th October 2017

OCTOBER 2, 2017

SANCCOB Port Elizabeth will be collaborating with Something Good Roadhouse Port Elizabeth to create a fun filled family event on Saturday, 7th of October 2017.  We will celebrate this day with a 3km awareness waddle from SANCCOB PE to Something Good Roadhouse.  

Since the turn of the 20th century, the world has lost 99% of the African Penguin Population.  Of the remaining 1% of these penguins left, just over 50% of these endangered birds live on our coast’s doorstep on Bird Island in Port Elizabeth.

Dress up and make posters in support of our handsomely suited friends!  Prizes will be up for grabs for the best dressed participant as well as the best poster. Activities at SANCCOB include a souvenir stall, face painting, penguin inspired yoga classes and fun edutainment activities.

Programme for the day:

08:00                     First shuttle to leave Something Good Roadhouse for SANCCOB

08:30                     Registration opens for the Penguin Waddle at SANCCOB

09:00                     Second Shuttle to leave Something Good Roadhouse for SANCCOB

10:00                     Feeding of the Home Pen Penguins at SANCCOB

11:00                     Start of the 3km Penguin Waddle from SANCCOB to Something Good Roadhouse

12:00                     Entertainment by Wayne Kallis at Something Good Roadhouse

For more information visit the Something Good Roadhouse Facebook event page Penguin Waddle Event.

Contact Franchisee Liandé Barnard
Eastern Cape contact number 086 163 6845
Eastern Cape email address exec4@ricochetpublishing.co.za